What are the hours of operation at DDS?
- DDS is open Monday thru Friday, 9:00 AM thru 4:30 PM
How can I contact DDS?
- The easiest way to reach DDS is via our Toll-Free number, 1-800-255-5681. You may also email DDS at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via mail to our address:
1640 Hempstead Turnpike
East Meadow, NY 11554
Please use our secure email system on our CONTACT US page if sending documents with Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
How do I check to see if I have met my deductible and/or what is remaining on my annual maximum?
- To check deductible and annual maximum totals, please contact one of our Customer Service Representatives at 1-800-225-5681.
Does DDS sell individual dental insurance?
- No. DDS sells group policies for self-insured dental plans.
What kind of plan do I have and what are my benefits?
- DDS customizes plans to meet your group’s specific needs. To get information on what benefits you received, you can consult our website to view your Plan Fee Schedule, or you can contact one of our Customer Service Representatives at 1-800-225-5681.
What are the benefits of visiting a DDS Dental network dentist?
- In-Network providers have agreed to accept our negotiated fees and copays (if applicable).
Out-Of-Network providers charge their usual and customary fees. You (as the patient) would be responsible for the difference between the DDS fee and the fee charged.
Note that some plans allow for ONLY In-Network providers.
How can I find a participating dentist in my area?
- The easiest way to find a participating dentist in your area is to use our website, Patients Only, Find a Provider. Enter your Group number and your zip code/address. You can also contact one of our Customer Service Representatives at 1-800-225-5681.
Is my dentist in DDS network?
- You can call our customer service department at 1-800-225-5681, to check if any specific dentist participates in your plan.
Can my dentist join the network?
- Yes. Have your dentist contact DDS at 1-800-225-5681, and ask for Carol in Provider Relations.
Can I visit a non-participating dentist?
- Each plan is different. Please contact DDS at 1-800-225-5681 to determine if your plan allows out-of-network providers.
Do I have to select a Primary Care Dentist?
- No. The DDS Plans do not require a Primary Care Dentist.
What happens when my dentist refers me to a specialist?
- DDS recommends that you contact our Customer Service department at 1-800-225-5681 – or refer to website to ensure the specialist is within the DDS Network.
What happens if I visit an out-of-state dentist?
- DDS provides coverage in over 40 states. If you encounter an emergency while out of state, you can contact DDS to locate a participating dentist.
Can I receive dental treatment when I am out of the country?
- Most DDS plans do not cover dental services provided outside of the U.S.A.
If I have a problem with a dentist, what can I do?
- Contact DDS with any issues you might have with one of your panel dentists. DDS will intercede on your behalf to attempt to correct the problem.
Does DDS require claim forms? Where should claims be sent?
- Yes. All dental claims must be sent to the DDS main office at:
1640 Hempstead Turnpike
East Meadow, NY 11554
Do we have ID cards?
- DDS does not provide ID Cards. However, some plans require eligibility cards.
I'm covered under more than one dental plan. How does my coverage work?
- When covered under multiple plans, both plans work together to provide you with coverage (Coordination of Benefits). Please contact DDS and your other provider to obtain details.
What is an annual maximum?
- This is the maximum cost of benefits that your plan covers for your benefit year. The benefit year is most often one calendar year.
What is copayment?
- A copayment is a fixed payment paid by the patient to the dental office, for a specific service.
What is a deductible?
- A deductible is a dollar amount your plan may require you to pay out-of-pocket each year, before your plan begins to pay for covered medical expenses.
What is an explanation of benefits or EOB?
- An explanation of benefits (commonly referred to as an EOB form) is a statement sent by DDS explaining what benefits were paid or denied.
What is a pre-treatment estimate or predetermination of benefits?
- Predeterminations (Pre-D) are required for treatment plans costing over $300 (plan dependent). Predeterminations are reviewed by our in-house dental staff to determine necessity.